University of Oxford
Rhodes Scholars come from many academic backgrounds and pursue a wide variety of courses at Oxford. The Scholarship is more accurately viewed as an investment in a person of remarkable promise than a support for a particular course of study. Applicants should study the University of Oxford's course offerings to determine the degree for which they would apply.
Candidates intending to apply for a research degree are strongly advise to contact the relevant department at Oxford. The Selection Committee will expect to see evidence that the planned project is of interest to, and can be supported by, the department.
The Rhodes Memorandum for Candidates provides basic information about the Oxford programs open to Rhodes Scholars.
About the University
Oxford is the oldest university in the English-speaking world, and a leader in learning, teaching and research. For more information about the university, please consult some of the links below.
- Oxford University offers a wide range of degree courses to suit your area of interest.
- Welcome from the Chancellor
- Read a welcome from the Chancellor, plus information on the structure and history of the University.
- Oxford Facts and Figures
- Discover more about life and study at Oxford University, admissions and access, and awards and rankings.
- People of Oxford
- Learn about key University figures and some of the distinguished people associated with Oxford.
- The University Year
- Find all term date and key events which take place during the academic year.