Frequently Asked Questions:
Student Initiative Fund
All registered full and part-time undergraduate and graduate Queen’s students are eligible to apply to the SIF.
Applications must be submitted electronically and are available through the SIF webpage.
Monday, September 16, 2013 – for events and activities scheduled after October 16, 2013
Monday, November 25, 2013 – for events and activities scheduled after January 1, 2014
Monday, March 3, 2013 – for events and activities scheduled after May 1, 2014
Yes. Events that are planned for the current academic year or the upcoming academic year are eligible for funding.
All applicants will be notified, by email, regarding the outcome approximately 3 weeks after the submission deadline.
The maximum award for individual projects or events is $500.
The maximum amount for group projects is $1,500.
A Group Project is any project, activity or event that is planned or organized by more than two individuals.
The budget should include all projected revenue from all sources, including admission fees, donations and fundraising and all associated expenses including speaker fees, speaker travel, marketing, promotion and communication costs, venue and equipment rental and other related expenses including those related to fundraising activities. Please provide information concerning how funds will be received if your application is successful: journal entry, cheque to group, cheque to applicant.
Eligible expenses include:
- speaker fees and associated travel expenses
- room and equipment rentals for meetings and conferences
- supplies (such as badges, labels and paper)
- marketing, promotional and communication expenses
- some travel expenses (excluding travel for individual students attending or presenting at a meeting or conference)
- other operating expenses (excluding food, beverages, purchase of equipment, wages, gifts or charitable donations)
If you have other questions, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org