Team-Building Activity Fund: Frequently Asked Questions
Representatives of sanctioned student clubs, teams or groups (“clubs”) involving registered Queen’s students. Applications from staff or faculty will not be accepted.
Sanctioned student clubs are student-based clubs, teams or groups sanctioned by the AMS, SGPS and Athletics & Recreation (A&R). Clubs must be in good standing to apply for this fund and confirmation of this is required with each application.
A welcoming activity is any function or event that introduces new members to the culture, standards, traditions and environment of the club. It is important to demonstrate in the application why the specific event or activity will cultivate a sense of belonging and pride and build team dynamic
Applications should include:
- Name of the Student Club applying, with club contact information.
- Description of the project, activity or program.
- Title/ name to be used for the project, activity or program.
- Planning timeline for project, activity or event.
- How requested funds will be used.
- How the project aligns with the selection criteria, specifically how and why the specific event or activity will cultivate a sense of belonging and pride and build team dynamic.
- Number of students and others who will benefit from the project.
- Other possible sources of funding (to be received and/or being applied for).
- How funds will be received if application is approved: journal entry, cheque to group, cheque to applicant
- Draft budget form (This form is posted to the fund webpage, along with a sample budget form and form instructions.)
Applications must also include:
- A summary of your club’s activity schedule for the year
- Signed confirmation of affiliation and standing from your club’s sanctioning body (AMS, SGPS, A&R) - This form is posted to the fund webpage.
The 2015-16 submission deadlines are:
- Monday September 28, 2015 – for activities scheduled after October 30, 2015 and before April 30, 2016.
- Spring 2016 dates to be announced – for activities scheduled after May 1, 2016 and before September 30, 2016.
Events that are planned for the current academic year or the upcoming academic year are eligible for funding. Clubs are encourage to apply in the April application period for funding for events scheduled for late August/early September of the upcoming year
All applicants will be notified, by email, approximately three weeks after the submission deadline.
A maximum of $1,000.00 is available per event/activity. The amount of funding received will depend on the nature of the activity, the number of participants involved and the total funds available.
Eligible expenses include:
- Speaker or trainer fees.
- Room and equipment rentals for guest speakers.
- Facility-related expenses (e.g. bowling, ropes or obstacles course, etc.).
- Group travel expenses (see Special Note section).
- Supplies (such as badges, labels, paper etc.).
- Other operating expenses (excluding food, beverages, purchase of equipment, individual travel, wages, gifts or charitable donations)
If you have other questions, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org