Physical Activity Working Group
The Physical Activity Working Group (established in 2014) is one of Student Affairs’ health and wellness initiatives. The Physical Activity Working Group collaborates on programs, services and informational resources in the areas of physical health, wellness and physical activity for the students of Queen’s University. It also promotes the availability of physical activity opportunities and services on campus and in the community.
- To establish an inventory of programs, services and informational resources related to physical health and wellness which are available to students at Queen’s.
- To develop a coherent and complementary communication model for physical activity and wellness activities which maximize promotion, awareness, sharing of resources and leveraging of opportunities regarding physical activity and wellness activities
- To develop an identifiable brand that will link activities/partners together
- To review current programs and services and relevant information available to students to ensure these reflect the best practices in physical health and wellness, are of high quality and are appropriate to students in the Queen’s environment
- To recommend enhancements to existing programs and services or the creation of new programs and services where the need arises or best practices suggest
- To develop an outline of short-term and long-term initiatives related to the promotion of physical activity on campus
- To collaborate on the delivery of physical activity initiatives on campus that, as per the components of a Healthy Campus, allow for self-directedness and the setting and meeting of personal health and wellness goals.
Terms of Reference:
- The Physical Health Working Group shall meet at least once per term.
- A report on existing programs and services shall be given to the Health and Wellness Steering Committee at least once per academic year or as requested.
- Recommendations and reports on new initiatives shall be made to the Health and Wellness Steering Committee for approval.