What: The Alma Mater Society's Walkhome Service provides safe passage home, both on and off-campus, after dark to members of the Queen's community.
Who: Walkhome is a confidential service staffed by student employees who wear identification tags and carry radios, although they do not otherwise wear uniforms.
- Visit the kiosk in the bottom level of the John Deutsch University Centre (JDUC) or call 613-533-WALK (9255) for a team to pick you up.
- Walkhome's northern boundary is York Street, southern and eastern borders are Lake Ontario, and its western boundary is West Campus and Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard.
- Walkhome opens at dusk - 6 pm, 7 pm or 8 pm from September through April, 9 pm in the summer.
- It closes at 2 am Sunday-Wednesday and 3 am Thursday-Saturday from September to April, and at 1 am in the summer.
- Walkhome is also open every night until 4 am during the fall and winter exam periods.
How: You will generally be walked by a male-female team, and the service is open all year round, except for two weeks between the end of the fall exam period and the start of the winter semester.
No Cost: Walkhome is free.
Queen's First Aid (QFA)
Queen's First Aid provides 24/7 emergency first aid response during the regular academic year through the Campus Security Emergency Report Centre (Phone 613-533-6111). To book QFA for events or call with general questions, contact the office (non-emergency) phone line (613-533-6000 ext. 75373).
Student volunteers undergo St. John Ambulance Advanced Medical First Responder Level 1 Training, as well as additional training and certification.