Sexual violence: Assault, Abuse and Harassment
We can all help stop sexual violence. Check out our bystander intervention poster for what to do and say if you see a disturbing situation.
There are many services and resources on campus and in the community to support individuals who have experienced sexual violence, those involved in abusive relationships and those who may be experiencing sexual harassment.
- Campus Security and Emergency Services: 613-533-6111 for Queen's 24 hr Emergency Line
- Queen's Student Wellness Services: For immediate help, an Urgent Care Clinic and Intake Counsellors are available.
Sexual Violence and Intimate Partner Violence – Call Counselling Services at 613 533 6000 ext. 78264 for confidential support, safety planning, accompaniment information, counselling, and referral to additional campus and community resources
- Student Health Services: Call 613-533-2506 to book an appointment with a doctor or nurse
- Counselling Services: Call 613 533 6000 ext. 78264 to book an appointment with a counsellor.
- Queen’s Human Rights Office: 613-533-6886 to talk to an advisor about sexual harassment
- Sexual Health Resource Centre, JDUC Rm 223: 613-533-2959
- AMS Peer Support Centre, JDUC Rm 34. Drop-in peer support every day between 2 -10 pm
- SGPS Student Advisors - Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment with an SGPS Student Advisor (peer support)
- University Multi-Faith Chaplain Kate Johnson, JDUC Rm 142B or 613-533-2186 or email@example.com
Not sure what to do?
Contact Barb Lotan, Queen's Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Coordinator. She can help you understand the options and connect you with the services you are comfortable with.
Call Barb at 613-533-6330 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
B502 Mackintosh-Corry Hall – in the Human Rights Office - M – F 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sexual Assault Centre Kingston: 24-hour crisis line at 613-544-6424 or toll-free 877-544-6424.
- Kingston General Hospital (KGH) Sexual Assault/Family Violence (SA/FV) Program: Survivors can visit the KGH Emergency Dept. and ask to speak to the SADV nurse or call 613 549-6666 x 4880 24 hr
- KGH: 613 548-3322 24hr
- Frontenac Victim Crisis Assistance and Referral Service (FVCRS): 613 548-4834
- Community Crisis Referral and Information Service: 211
- 24-hour crisis support and referral services for men: 1-866-887-0015
- In From The Cold Emergency Shelter: For youth, women and men.
- Interval House Women's Shelter: A shelter for abused women and their children. Call the 24-hour crisis line at 613-546-1777 or 1-800-267-9445 (toll free).
- Kingston Youth Shelter: Emergency overnight shelter, counselling, and food for youth, ages 16-24 - 613-544-3400.
- Robin's Hope Transition House: Transitional housing for women leaving Interval House
- Ryandale Shelter for the Homeless: Emergency overnight shelter for men and women and their families - 613-548-8466.
Queen's fact sheets and documents
Resources from the Queen's Human Rights Office and Student Wellness Services:
- Sexual Harassment:
- Information from Queen's Human Rights Office
- Queen's Harassment/Discrimination Complaint Policy and Procedure, 2000
- On-line Sexual Harassment Training
- Basic knowledge and skills required to prevent and respond to incidents of sexual harassment in academia.
- Sexual Violence:
- Steps to take if you experience sexual violence - Queen's Poster - Best printed on 11x14 (PDF 77KB)
- Queen's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Working Group
- Queen's Sexual Violence Policy, March 2016
- Do you know a woman who is being abused? (PDF 390KB), a December 2007 publication of Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
- Sexual Assault and Women with Disabilities, from the Disabled Women's Network Ontario, 2003