Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR)
The SOAR program aims to help ease the transition of incoming first-year students and their families. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about academic expectations, resources, learning strategies, and common student transition issues, as well as meet upper-year students, tour a residence room, and have their questions and concerns addressed.
This one-day summer orientation program will help both students and families to learn how to:
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved in the campus community
Get ready to SOAR!
The SOAR program runs throughout the month of July. Programming varies depending on your faculty/program, so make sure you register for the correct day. Please note that Arts & Science also includes students in Concurrent Education, Computing, and Kinesiology and Health Studies. Students heading to the Bader International Study Centre in the fall should register for one of the BISC days, and not for Arts & Science. All dates below are for the 2015 program.
|Arts & Science||Commerce||Nursing||Engineering||BISC|
|Friday, July 3 Saturday, July 4 Thursday, July 9 Friday, July 10 Saturday, July 11||Thursday, July 16 Friday, July 17 Saturday, July 18||Thursday, July 16 Friday, July 17 Saturday, July 18||Friday, July 17 Saturday, July 18||Friday, July 10 Saturday, July 11|