Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR)
The SOAR program aims to help ease the transition of our incoming first-year students and their families. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about academic expectations, resources, learning strategies, and common student transition issues.
Get ready to SOAR in July 2014!
Registration for SOAR 2014 is now closed. We look forward to welcoming the Class of 2018 to campus in September. Check out University Orientation, which runs the first three days of Orientation Week!
This July, incoming students will take part in one-day summer orientation program to learn how to:
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved in the campus community
For students in Arts and Science (Note: this also includes students in Concurrent Education, Computing, and Kinesiology and Health Studies), SOAR will be held:
- Friday, July 4
- Saturday, July 5
- Thursday, July 10
- Friday, July 11
- Saturday, July 12
For students in Engineering and Applied Science, Commerce, and Nursing , SOAR will be held:
- Thursday, July 17 (Engineering and Applied Science, Commerce and Nursing)
- Friday, July 18 (Engineering and Applied Science, Commerce and Nursing)
- Saturday, July 19 (Engineering and Applied Science, Commerce and Nursing)
- Monday, July 21 (Engineering and Applied Science only)
Check-in for SOAR is at 9:30 am each morning, and official programming begins at 10:00 am. The program ends between 3:30 pm and 4:00 pm.