Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR)
The SOAR program aims to help ease the transition of our incoming first-year students and their families. Participants will have an opportunity to learn about academic expectations, resources, learning strategies, and common student transition issues.
Get ready to SOAR in July 2015!
Registration for SOAR 2015 is not yet open. Stay tuned for details in the new year!
This July, incoming students will take part in one-day summer orientation program to learn how to:
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved in the campus community
There are separate SOAR days for students in Arts and Science (Note: this also includes students in Concurrent Education, Computing, and Kinesiology and Health Studies), and for Engineering and Applied Science, Commerce, and Nursing