Schedule one-on-one time to discuss any concerns you may have about…
- your courses
- program selection
- managing your disability
- managing your course load
- accessing other campus resources
- specific learning strategies
Small group sessions will be offered (max. 5 per group) to discuss specific topics such as …
- note-taking and note-making
- exam prep – study smarter, not harder
- time management
- essay writing
- self advocacy – effective communication
- learning strategies
Wednesday afternoons from 1:30 to 3:30 is open for anyone to drop in to …
- chat about how things are going
- work on a specific assignment with the Learning Strategist (LS)
- network or work with other students
- get some last-minute help before a test
- find out more about your adaptive software
- find and form study groups
Every third Wednesday of the month from 1:30 to 3:30, drop-in for a hot / cold drink, some nibbles and relax – take a break from studying …
- play board games, cards, dominoes…
- chat and hang out
- do nothing at all!
Check the QSAS webpage for the venue. University is not just about work. Sometimes you need to get off the clock and connect with other students – this is where you make friendships that last a lifetime.
Q: What do Winston Churchill, Agatha Christie, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Stevie Wonder, Dan Ackroyd, and David Beckham all have in common?
A: They all learned to use their gifts, will you learn to use yours?