Queen’s Student Health Services provides professional health & wellness services to Queen’s students and their spouses. These services are offered in a safe, caring, respectful and empowering environment, which is directed towards optimizing students’ personal, academic and overall wellbeing. We offer:
- Doctors appointments for health issues such as minor illness, birth control, sexual health, specialist referrals, mental health assessment, diagnostic testing, medication management and Psychotherapy
- Nursing appointments for health issues such as allergy shots, immunizations, bloodwork and specimen collection
**Please note: if you are booking an appointment for allergy shots, you must be prepared to remain in the waiting room for thirty minutes after your shot.
You will then need to check in with the nurse to have your arm checked for any reactions. If you decide to leave and not wait the thirty minutes or be checked by the nurse, you may not be allowed to continue to have your allergy shots at Health Services.
- Flu shot clinics
- Travel appointments with physicians for complete travel immunization and education program
- Psychiatric services for initial consultation and care
PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure a shared care experience at Student Health, patients will need to first see a family physician at Health Services in order to receive a referral for a psychiatric consultation. To make a referral to a family physician for assessment, please fax a consultation letter to 613-533-6740 or 613-533-2347, attention Christina, Referral Secretary. Once the consult request is received our referral secretary Christina will contact the patient to schedule an appointment with a family physician who will assess and make a referral if needed.
- A walk-in clinic for urgent issues
- Appointments and follow up with a Mental Health nurse
- Transfer of records from your family doctor to Student Health or transfer of records from Student Health to your family physician
- Referrals to specialists both locally and in your home town