Admissions: Step-by-step Process
To submit an online application:
1. Create an account - Click on "New User? Create Account", to set up your User ID and password. Enter the information requested, including a working email address, and a password that you can remember, and then click "Create Account". An email containing your User ID will be sent automatically to the email address you entered. You need this User ID and your password to continue the online application.
2. Complete and Submit the Application- You can now enter your User ID and password under "Returning User Log in". On the next screen, hit the "click here to apply"button. This will begin your application.
Complete all the screens as they are presented to you, remembering to click Save and continue before you move on to the next set of questions. When you have completed all the sections, you can submit your application. At this point, you are asked to pay the non refundable application fee on-line (currently $105 CDN). Remember, you must be able to pay the fee on-line with a Visa or Mastercard number, in order to complete your application on-line.
Please note that the application fee of $105 (CDN) is non-refundable.
- You may apply at any time, and decisions on admission are made as applications are received. However, most fellowships are adjudicated in March and application should be made by February 15th if you wish to be considered for fellowships or awards.
- International students must apply before the end of January to allow time for visa approvals.
- Students enter the program in September.
You are responsible for ensuring that all required documentation is received by the School of Graduate Studies and Research. All hard copy documentation must be submitted in duplicate and on appropriate forms where provided. Your application must be complete before a decision regarding acceptance will be made.
All applicants will be notified in writing by the Registrar of the School of Graduate Studies and Research and of the conditions of the acceptance. Our School will also send a letter giving a deadline by which you must accept or decline the offer. This letter will also indicate the amount and deadline for receipt of the non-refundable acceptance deposit. Official letters of acceptance are only valid for the academic year indicated in them.