Queen's Hospitality Services is committed to balancing sustainability with a high level of customer service and fiscal accountability in all policies and procedures.
- Paper plates in retail outlets are made from fully compostable bamboo and sugar cane.
- "Expressnap" napkin system in place to reduce excessive paper waste.
- Paper, cardboard, cans, plastic, glass and vegetable oil are recycled from all locations.
- Non-bottled water is available in all locations.
- Reusable travel mugs are provided free to all students in residence.
- Discount incentive is used to encourage use of reusable mugs
- All organic waste from Leonard Hall is composted.
- Smaller portions available in board dining to reduce food waste.
- Food remaining after service is donated to local shelters through Soul Food.
- All warewashing and floor-cleaning chemicals are environmentally friendly.
- Local produce is purchased in all operations when seasonally available.
- Energy efficiency is a high consideration when new equipment purchases are necessary.
- Organic fair trade coffee, tea, sugar and cocoa exclusively available at several retail locations.
- Fair-trade coffee available in board dining locations.