AASHE Membership Renewal
July 19, 2010
Recently, our institution renewed its membership with the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE.) AASHE is an organization of colleges and universities working to advance sustainability in higher education.
As members, Queen's email account holders have access to all of AASHE's online resources and to opportunities for networking, information sharing, collaboration, and professional development to help advance sustainability on campus. You can take advantage of all of the following:
- Discounts - reduced registration fees for conferences, workshops, and other AASHE-sponsored events, and discounts on products and services offered through AASHE.
Professional Awards - including Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards, Student Sustainability Leadership Awards, and Student Sustainability Research Awards, given only to member institutions.
Resource Center - containing assessment tools, policy and program databases, best practices, campus profiles, how-to guides, reports, and other resources.
- Discussion Forums - AASHE's Campus Sustainability Discussion Forums provide opportunities to ask and answer questions on specific topics, and gain knowledge that will help support sustainability work. The forums cover key topics in education and research, campus operations, and campus planning, engagement and administration.
- Conference - AASHE's annual conferences brings together every sector of higher education as well as business, government, and non-profits.
- AASHE Bulletin - A free weekly e-newsletter that keeps readers up-to-date on the latest news, resources, opportunities, and events related to campus sustainability.
- AASHE Blog - "Campus Sustainability Perspectives" features conversations on news and opinions about campus sustainability. You can subscribe to the blog, comment on postings by others, and submit your own items as a guest blogger.
To create a personal account, go to www.aashe.org/user/register and complete the user profile. Use your campus-based email when registering and the system will send a password to that address. When you receive it, go to the login page at www.aashe.org/user/login, enter your email address, and type or paste the password into the password box. Click the "log in" button and you should be logged in with access to all locked resources.