The University Club

The University Club
The University Club

 

  • Front & main lawn
  • Chicken Supreme
  • Dessert Trio
  • George Teves Dining Room

About

The University Club at Queen's provides a year-round centre for socialization and relaxation for its members and their guests. Faculty, staff and alumni are able to meet, socialize and enjoy relaxed dining in the Club's comfortable rooms.

The Club provides an atmosphere which promotes intellectual and personal exchange between members from different departments, schools and centres.

Overlooking Lake Ontario, the Club is located between Stuart and King Streets, at the south end of the campus.

The Club itself hosts a number of events for members and guests. Wine tastings, seafood buffets, Sunday brunches and holiday parties are just a few of the activities organized for Club members.

The University Club at Queen's is part of the Association of College and University Clubs (ACUC). The University Club at Queen's members enjoy reciprocal privileges at over 100 ACUC Faculty, Staff and Alumni Clubs in Canada and the United States.

History

St. Lawrence Cottage, the original building on the Club's site was constructed in 1845 by Reverend Wm.Macaulay Herchmer, a prominent Kingston citizen. Over the next century, the original "country home" was extensively modified by successive owners. A large addition was made in 1968-69, to enhance the facilities for its new function as The Queen's University Faculty Club. Officially opened in 1969, the Club now serves over 750 members.