Web and Social Media Services
The Electronic Communications Group is responsible for the strategic direction of the university’s website and social media spaces, and for the development of integrated, university-wide electronic communications strategies in support of institutional goals.
The Electronic Communications Group is responsible for the on-going development and management of the queensu.ca homepage and the site’s top-layer navigation/interface, as well as the university's official social media channels:
Visit the Social Media Hub for a searchable directory of social media sites at Queen's, as well as social media resources and guidelines.
Other Electronic Communications Group initiatives include:
- with University Communications, managing crisis communications on queensu.ca, Facebook and Twitter
- acting as a resource for issues regarding web usability and accessibility
- acting as a resource for understanding social media best practices and trends
- supporting colleagues across campus (in partnership with ITServices) in developing websites through the centralized WebPublish content management system
- managing Queen's Events Calendar
- managing the Queen’s on iTunes U platform
Learn more about web services on the Web @ Queen's pages.