After the protocol has been approved for a maximum of 4 years, a full resubmission is required to continue. Although a new submission is required, the information from the original protocol can be copied over facilitating the process.
Click on MY DASHBOARD (top right hand corner -> PROTOCOLS for ANIMALS -> Create Protocol Requests -> Create an Original Request
Choose appropriate form
Choose appropriate species
Once the form loads - click on second icon from the left along the top icon toolbar (page with green arrow) “copy answers from another protocol”
Choose the protocol you wish to import information from (look at both the reference number and the protocol number to ensure it is the correct protocol)
Save your protocol once the information has populated the new form
- Ensure that the protocol is labelled as a “Fourth Year Full Resubmission Protocol” (question 8.) and that the parent protocol number and fourth year resubmission - Three R's questions are answered.
- Read through the protocol to ensure that all information is current and reflects the work you are proposing
- In particular the protocol associates might have changed (new students etc.), funding source and start date should be updated, the global aim may have evolved, and the considerations for alternatives will need to be updated (current literature searches should be noted).
- The Full Resubmission is treated as a new protocol by the UACC while still taking into account that the core study has been in progress for at least 4 years. The PI should also consider the submission in a similar fashion.
- Save the protocol and submit when you are satisfied. All protocols undergo a preliminary review for completeness