This is a full time program which will span 12 months total. The program will consist of courses equivalent to 24 credit units (CU) as follows:
- The four 3-credit unit (3CU) courses from the Graduate Diploma Program (12 CU).
- BMIF 898 Master's Project. A biomedical informatics project is undertaken under the co-supervision of a QSC faculty and a DBMS faculty member. The presentation of a seminar to describe the project is required.
- Two additional 3 credit unit (3CU) courses from a list of elective courses presented below (6CU). Students with a predominantly computing background may take at most one CISC-based elective. Students with a predominantly biomedical background may take at most one BMED-based elective.
Elective courses for the Professional Master’s of Biomedical Informatics (all courses are 3CU):
- CISC 832 Database Management Systems
- CISC 859 Pattern Recognition (A)
- CISC 873 Data Mining (A)
- CISC 881 Topics in Biomedical Computing I
- CISC 886 Cloud Computing
- BMED 809 Principles of Drug Discovery and Development
- BMED 810 Protein Structure and Function
Note: With the approval of the Director (who will consult with both departments), MBI students may be able to choose from a number of additional graduate offerings from DBMS and QSC, subject to the maximums specified.