To complete a PhD degree in the Department of Public Health Sciences, students must:
- Complete EPID 902 and three additional half courses. The supervisor will advise the student on what coursework will best prepare them for their particular thesis area. Students in the Epidemiology Specialization must complete EPID 901 and EPID 823. Students in the Biostatistics Specialization must complete EPID 822.
- Complete the comprehensive examination.
- Write and present a research outline.
- Write and successfully present a research proposal.
- Complete the Course on Research Ethics (CORE) online tutorial.
- Write and successfully defend their doctoral dissertation.