Academic Calendar 2022-2023

Search Results

CIVL 400 Professional Skills III

CIVL 400  Professional Skills III  Units: 2.50  

Professional skills relating to how engineers interact with, communicate with, and consider the implications of their actions on a wide range of potential stakeholders, ranging from colleagues to clients to society as a whole, will be developed. Students will improve their technical writing and verbal communication skills as they work through case studies intended to: deepen an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Professional Engineer; strengthen an ability to apply professional ethics, accountability and equity; and enhance an appreciation of the potential social and environmental impacts of engineering activities. Class discussions will normally occur every second week.

Requirements: CIVL 300  
Offering Term: F  
Offering Faculty: Fac of Engineering Appl Sci  

Civil Engineering - Master of Engineering

The requirements for this program are 8 term length courses. At least 4 term length courses must be taken from the Department of Civil Engineering and be entered as primary on the registration form. A maximum of 2 term length 400 series undergraduate courses or double number 400/800 level courses or a combination thereof may be taken provided that:

Civil Engineering - Master of Applied Science

The minimum requirements for the M.A.Sc. program are four term-length graduate courses or their equivalent plus a satisfactory thesis successfully defended.  One term length senior (400-series) undergraduate course, OR one combined undergraduate/graduate course (also known as a double numbered 400/800 course) may be accepted as the equivalent of a graduate course from any discipline for an M.A.Sc. student provided that a) the course is approved by the student's supervisor and b) the student has not received credit for a similar course in their Bachelor's program.

Civil Engineering - Doctor of Philosophy

The minimum requirements for the program are four term-length courses beyond the Master's degree (at least one of these courses must be taken outside the Department), research and a thesis.