What is Turnitin?
Turnitin is a text matching tool available for use by students through onQ Assignments tool.
Students upload papers in order to receive originality reports that shows text matches to the following sources:
- Student paper repository
- Current and archived web site content
- Periodicals, journals and publications
Turnitin has three main tools:
- OriginalityCheck: text-matching tool that presents results in the Originality Report.
- GradeMark: tool for digital assessment.
- PeerMark: tool for peer-assessment of assignments (not available in onQ).
Different uses of Turnitin?
Your instructor may choose to use Turnitin as:
- a text-matching tool to check for plagiarism alone or
- as a scholarly writing tool to allow you to check your own work against the database and to correct your own research and citation practices.
Self Help Tutorials
Tutorials on how to use Turnitin are available on the onQ Support website.