Queen's Accessibility Hub


Accessibility Hub

site header

Student FAQs

1. I need to some accommodations in class and on exams due to my disability. Where do I go?

Students are encouraged to register with the Queen's Student Accessibility Service (QSAS) to receive academic accommodations.

2. Are there wheelchair accessible rooms in residence?

Yes. Please see the Residence section for a listing of rooms and their accessibility features. For more information contact the Manager, Residence Admissions | phone  (613) 533-2550 | email  reshouse@queensu.ca | location  Victoria Hall, Queen’s University

3. Is my service animal allowed in residence?

Yes. Queen’s University’s policy permits service animals that assist students with physical, mental and/or sensory disabilities at Queen’s related functions both on and off campus, including food service areas. If you have a service animal please view the residence guidelines on service animals.

4. As a person with a disability can I participate in Orientation Week/Frosh?

Yes you can. Please see the "Orientation" section for details on accessibility for Orientation/Frosh week. For more information please contact the Orientation Round Table Coordinator | phone  613-533-6000 x 74819 | email  ort@ams.queensu.ca

5. Who do I talk to about special dietary requirements?

Please contact Queen's Hospitality Servicesphone (613) 533-2953 | email  dining@queensu.ca | location  Room E022, Victoria Hall - 75 Bader Lane

6. I use a mobility device and getting around campus during the winter months can be challenging. Who can I talk to about snow removal?

Who to contact depends on where you require the snow removal. Detailed snow removal information and who to contact.


7. Can I get an accessible parking space?

Parking permits are available through the Parking Department of Physical Plant Services (PPS). For students with a disability, Queen’s parking can also arrange for a designated accessible parking space for permit holders who have an Ontario Accessible Parking Permit issued by the Ministry of Transportation may be issued a parking permit regardless of their zone of residence.

8. Are there supports for Graduate Students?

Yes. Supports may be explored through the Queen's Student Accessibility Service (QSAS) and The Society of Graduate and Professional Students (SGPS). Please see the "Grad Students with Disabilities" section for more information.

9. I have questions regarding technology that can help me. Who do I ask?

If you're experience problems with your tablet/laptop or have general questions regarding Queen's wireless or email account please go to ITServices Support Centre in the QLC in Stauffer Library Monday to Friday, 9am - 12:00 noon, 1:00pm - 4:00pm. If you have questions regarding adaptive technology you can direct inquiries to Anne Newman, Adaptive Technologist, located in the Adaptive Technology Centre, Stauffer Library.

10. Are there counselling and health services for students?

Yes. Student Wellness Services are located in the LaSalle Building.

11. Is there somewhere that can help me with my academic skills?

Yes. Student Academic Success Services (SASS) offers academic support to students who wish to develop their skills in critical thinking, reading, learning, studying, writing, and self-management. We welcome Queen’s undergraduate and graduate students at all stages of program completion and all levels of ability. SASS website.