Mechanical & Material Engineering Department Staff and Students

Mechanical and Materials Engineering Open House

Location
Date

Both Nicol Hall and McLaughlin Hall will be open during the Open House.

Join the Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering for an open house at McLaughlin Hall and Nicol Hall. This all-ages event is an opportunity to learn what's new with the department and the university, reconnect with former classmates, and meet current students. Please register so we can anticipate who's coming, however, alumni may enjoy the open house day-of without registration. 

McLaughlin Hall was completed in 1948 as a home for the Department of Mechanical Engineering and was built on the old site of the Observatory. The building was expanded in 1960 and renovated in 1978, and both the original construction and the later improvements were financed by Col. R.S. McLaughlin and the McLaughlin Foundation.

Nicol Hall was completed in 1912. It is named after William Nicol, Queen's first professor of Metallurgy and Mining, and also the person who donated the funds for the building's construction. An addition to the rear of Nicol Hall was built in 1930 and extensively renovated in 1961.

Please meet at the main doors of McLaughlin Hall. The main entrance to McLaughlin Hall has several steps leading up to it and is not accessible. The rear building entrance at the northeast corner of the parking lot near the "blue light" security phone is accessible. The door is heavy but there is an automatic opener. Learn more about accessibility at McLaughlin Hall.

The main entrance to Nicol Hall is not accessible. The accessible entrance to Nicol Hall is located on the east side of the building. A paved pathway leads to a door with an automatic opener. This is the lower level entrance of Nicol Hall. Learn more about accessibility at Nicol Hall. For inquiries or accommodations, please contact Sarah Chapman, Communications and Events Officer. 

Event Details

Cost
Free
RSVP date