Academic Leave Applications
Adjunct (Group 1) Appointments
For information about Academic Appeals, visit this page of our website.
Academic Integrity Appeals
- Appeal of an Instructor's Department of Academic Integrity Decision: Academic Integrity Appeal Form A
- Appeal of an Associate Dean's Department of Academic Integrity Decision: Academic Integrity Appeal Form B
For information about the Academic Integrity appeals process, see this page of our website.
Current Data Sheet
Faculty Member's Report to the Dean
- Guidelines - Adjustments to Performance Reporting, Assessment and Merit Review (December 2020) and Adjustments to Performance Reporting, Assessment and Merit Review (January 22, 2021) and MOA
- Faculty Member's Annual Report to the Dean - 2020 and 2021
Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF) Learning Plan
Information for Parents and Guardians
Access to a student’s personal academic and financial status is privileged and confidential. Each student has the ability to authorize a third party (e.g., a parent or guardian) for access to his or her academic and financial information, but also has the right to maintain complete confidentiality in one or both areas. The default is for this information to remain confidential; a student must specifically designate an individual for access. If a student has granted you access to his or her academic data, we strongly encourage you to discuss with the student what your respective expectations are regarding the use of that access.
The student can access the Communication Release Form in the Personal Information section of their SOLUS account.
Off-Campus Physician's Note
Permission for an Incomplete Grade
Personal Interest Credit Application
The University has created new central guidance to replace our Faculty Professional Expense Reimbursement (PER) guidelines. Please refer to the updated central Professional Expense Reimbursement Procedure for QUFA Members.
The Faculty Office has prepared step-by-step instructions with screenshots for how to submit a claim through ERS.
- Add or Drop a Course (Academic Change Form)
- Program or Plan Change (Academic Change Form) will be available as of May 27.
- Return to Studies
- Registration Form to Audit a Course
- Request for a Graduate Student to take an Undergraduate Course
Renewal, Tenure and Promotions
Research Initiation Grant Guidelines
Staffing Personnel Duties
Statement Letter Requests
A statement letter is an official document prepared by the Arts and Science Faculty Office, Student Services, used for various purposes, including degree verification, confirmation of enrolment and/or academic standing, ranking letters for professional schools and teacher qualification letters.
Statement letters may be ordered through Student Services by filling out the form and submitting it by fax or dropping it off in person (main floor, Dunning Hall). Payment must be received before the letter has been produced. Payment may be made online (using the "Pay Now" button below) or in person in our office.
Statement letters are considered confidential documents and therefore cannot be ordered or released to anyone but the student unless authorized by the student to do so. Once we receive the request the processing time is 5 business days.
Standard Statement Letters available upon request:
- Certification of degree requirements ($12.00 plus $5.00 per additional signed original copy).
- Confirmation of enrolment and/or academic standing ($12.00 plus $5.00 per additional signed original copy).
- Dean's Certification Form and/or Letter (Comparative ranking standard for BAH; BSCH for professional schools) ($12.00 plus $5.00 per additional signed original copy).
- Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario (Teacher qualification services) ($12.00 plus $5.00 per additional copy). The original letter is normally mailed directly to QECO.
- Registered Education Savings Plan ($12.00).
Specialized Statement Letters
There are times when a normal statement letter is insufficient to address a current student or graduate’s needs. These types of letters are complex and require significant time and research to complete. Once we receive a request for a specialized letter we require a processing time of 20 business days.
Fee will be $50.
Information or Verification that can be Obtained from Other Sources
Your transcript obtained through SOLUS will provide course titles, term lengths, grades received and the date courses were taken.
Academic Calendars may be searched by year (dating back to 2008-2009) to look up:
- course descriptions
- general and specific program requirements
- grading scales/systems
- rules and regulations
Request a Statement Letter using this form.
Teaching Forms and Materials
- Change of Grade Form
- Permission for an Incomplete Grade
- Confidential Exam Request Form
- Syllabus Template and Guide
- Notice of Investigation Form
- Finding of a Departure from Academic Integrity Form
- Departures from Academic Integrity Guidelines
- Accommodating Students with Disabilities (for Faculty)
- Instructor Handbook for Academic Considerations