The Certificate requires students to complete 18.0 units in total.
- Courses may not be offered every term.
- No more than 9.0 units of core and options courses may be counted towards the requirements of both the certificate and another Arts and Science Program.
- No more than 9.0 units of core and option courses may be transferred from outside of Queen’s University.
- Students may take both of DEVS 361; DEVS 362.
- This online program plan has been adapted from the official Faculty of Arts and Science E-Calendar to help online students identify only courses that are being offered online.
1. Core Courses (12.0 units)
Complete 6.0 units of the following courses:
- DEVS 100 (6.0 units): Canada and the “Third World” (course is no longer being offered)
- DEVS 101 (3.0 units): Development Studies in Global Perspectives
- DEVS 102 (3.0 units): Canada in the World
Complete the following:
2. Option Courses (6.0 units)
Complete one of the following courses:
- DEVS 361 (3.0 units): Project Planning & Policy Advocacy
- DEVS 362: (3.0 units): Globally Engaged Experiential Learning
Complete 3.0 units from GAEN_Options List:
- DEVS 220 (3.0 units): Introduction to Indigenous Studies
- DEVS 221 (3.0 units): Indigenous Studies II - Resistance and Resurgence
- DEVS 230 (3.0 units): The Global Political Economy of Development
- DEVS 240 (3.0 units): Culture and Development
- DEVS 260 (3.0 units): Globalization, Gender and Development
- ENGL 259 (3.0 units): Global Shakespeare
- FRST 125 (3.0 units): Basic Business French
- GLPH 271 (3.0 units): Global and Population Health
- GPHY 227 (3.0 units): Cities: Geography, Planning and Urban Life
- HIST 200 (3.0 units): India and the World
- HIST 207 (3.0 units): Global Indigenous Histories
- HIST 214 (3.0 units): Food in Global History
- HIST 252 (3.0 units): Africa in the Modern World
- HIST 270 (3.0 units): Contemporary China
- LLCU 209 (3.0 units): Rio de Janeiro: the Marvelous City