Learning and Information Resources Lead
Employer: Bader College
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Hours: 25 hours per week 9am to 3pm Monday – Friday inclusive of 1-hour unpaid break
Contract type: permanent
Salary: £33,000 to £36,000 per annum pro rata
Closing date: Sunday 9 October 2022 at 5 pm
Early applicants may be invited for interview before the closing date. Bader College reserves the right to make the appointment before the formal closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual on a part time basis. The successful applicant will be supported by the Library Assistant and will be responsible for the following areas of activity within the college:
- the academic library services
- the campus bookstore service
- digitalisation and storage of the Bader College archive
- user support, which may involve one on one advice sessions
This exciting opportunity will see the successful applicant develop and deliver effective learning and information services to support teaching, learning and research; assist with user enquiries and provide strategic direction for the library and information resource function, as well as other duties. If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute your experience and knowledge, in a meaningful way then this could be the role for you!
Main Duties but not limited to:
- Maintain data systems to enable accurate recording and retrieval of course data
- Develop and manage the library collections
- Manage the student bookstore and library holdings
- Develop and deliver effective, customer-centric information and learning services
- Manage the Library Assistant
- Provide strategic direction to the library and learning services
- Ensure readings are copyright compliant
- Hold CILIP accredited degree (BA or MA) in Library and Information Studies (or equivalent)
- Outstanding communication, presentation, teaching, and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with information and learning technologies including e-learning
- Demonstrable experience in an academic library
- Working knowledge of supporting on-line teaching
Who are we?
Bader College, located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the overseas campus of Queen’s University, Canada. The campus occupies a 600-acre estate, including a range of academic, residential and recreational facilities. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide exceptional academic programming for undergraduate and postgraduate students from Canada and around the world. Our wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, is responsible for running the gardens and grounds, corporate events, and other functions, including weddings and themed visitor events.
Bader College is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity and supports fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary, pension contribution and holiday pay, we offer some non-contractual benefits, including:
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- free on-site parking
- free campus gymnasium
- seasonal staff discount in Chestnuts tearoom
- access to Bader College lending library
- some free and discounted leisure opportunities at Herstmonceux Castle and the Observatory Science Centre
- a working environment comprising a 15th century moated castle and beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
How to apply
Please see https://www.queensu.ca/badercollege/about-us/employment to obtain full details of the vacancy together with a job description and person specification.
Download a full Job Description (PDF, 138KB)