Arriving at the BISC
As outlined in the previous section, ‘Travelling to the BISC’, upon arrival all students will complete a period of quarantine mandated by the UK Government.
Incoming BISC Students will essentially become one bubble unit within the Castle grounds, which will allow students to spend time outdoors in a socially distanced setting during their quarantine period.
This ‘BISC Bubble’ will be in place during the initial period of quarantine to ensure orientation events and your first classes take place with as little disruption as possible. For your part, all students in the bubble will be expected to comply with the following guidelines to ensure a safe return to in-person learning:
- Students will be required to wear masks in all public areas when outside of their room at Bader Hall, unless they are eating and drinking, OR during personal grooming or showering time.
- Students will be expected to comply with all one-way systems and off-limit zones, which will be clearly designated to enable staff to continue their work without contact with students.
- Students will be assigned to meal groups and meals will be served at assigned times to ensure proper social distancing. Interactions with the catering team will be minimised where possible.
- To help combat boredom, the Student Services Team will arrange activities and events that meet social distancing requirements. Use of the gym and sports hall will still be permitted, but we will require students to book specific timeslots in advance. Strictly adhering to your allocated timeslot ensures proper social distancing and will allow time for the thorough cleaning of apparatus between sessions.
- Your first classes will start either virtually, or in socially distanced classrooms during the ten-day quarantine period.
During the quarantine period students will be prohibited from leaving Castle grounds, with the only exception being for pre-approved medical appointments. All students in the bubble have a responsibility to themselves, plus the safety of their classmates and BISC staff. Any students who leave the Castle grounds during the quarantine period risk dismissal from the program and will be subject to any fines and/or criminal charges brought by the UK authorities.