Assistant Student Services Manager
Employer: Bader International Study Centre - UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Hours: Full Time (40 hours/week) The role also includes evening and/or weekend commitments, and some travel is required. The post holder is required to live onsite.
Contract type: Fixed-term (two years)
Salary: £22,295 per annum plus accommodation onsite in a one-bedroom apartment and meals during term-time.
Closing date: Wednesday, 18 November at 17.00 GMT
The Bader International Study Centre (BISC), the UK based campus of Queen’s University (Canada), is seeking an Assistant Student Services Manager (ASSM). The ASSM is a key member of the BISC’s Student Services department based at Herstmonceux Castle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide transition programs and services that promote student learning, skill development and success
- Support student health and wellbeing
- Support BISC recruitment and retention efforts and priorities
- Provide emergency and crisis response
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and disposition required to work effectively in a student services position and environment.
Successful candidates will be educated to degree-level, ideally have at least three years of professional Residence Life or Student Life experience and will be able to demonstrate experience in crisis response preferably in a post-secondary environment. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates who have live-in experience with international students.
Who are we?
Bader International Study Centre, located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the overseas campus of Queen’s University, Canada. The campus occupies a 600-acre estate, including a range of academic, residential, and recreational facilities. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide exceptional academic programming for undergraduate and postgraduate students from Canada and around the world. We also serve as a venue for international conferences and meetings. Our wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, is responsible for running the gardens and grounds, corporate events, and other functions.
The BISC is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity and supports fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary and holiday pay, we offer a number of other benefits, including:
- auto-enrol pension scheme with guaranteed contribution from the BISC/HCE
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- on-site parking
- meals scheme
- free campus gymnasium
- access to the BISC lending library: books, DVDs, CDs and more
- a wide range of free and discounted leisure opportunities either at, or connected to, Herstmonceux Castle
- a working environment comprising an historic building with beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
How to apply
Please see https://www.queensu.ca/bisc/about-us/employment to obtain full details of the vacancy together with a job description and person specification.
Download a full Job Description (PDF, 760KB)