Customer Relations Assistant
Employer: Bader International Study Centre - UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Hours: 30 hours per week (5 days per week – two shifts: 7.30am – 1.30pm & 1.30pm – 7.30pm)
Contract type: permanent
Salary: £16,600 per annum
Closing date: Wednesday 1 June 2022 – 5pm
- Are you friendly and welcoming and enjoy meeting new people?
- Do you go the ‘extra mile’ to provide a great service?
- Will you share your local knowledge to help our students and guests get the most out of their visit?
Then come and join a great team to do just that!
- Provide a first-class reception service - a welcoming initial point of contact
- Provide advice to students and guests, and book accommodation
- Assist the Campus Patrol team in monitoring the CCTV cameras
- Carry out a variety of general clerical tasks.
First point of contact
- Help with all enquiries made at reception in person, by phone and email
- Room bookings: provide advice for guests and make bookings
- Book taxis.
Safety and security
- Operate the security barrier and authorize entry
- Respond to the CCTV monitors
- Respond to fire and other emergencies
- Maintain records of keys.
- Operate the online Guestline hotel booking system
- Assist with arranging BISC vehicle MoTs, services and repairs
- Report any residence building maintenance issues
- Receive post/packages.
Training and development include:
- Guestline hotel booking system
- CCTV monitoring system
- emergency first aid
- customer service and equity, diversity and inclusion skills.
Ideally you will have the following:
- GCSE level, or equivalent, in English and maths
- Great people skills
- Experience of customer service in hospitality or other industries where helping people is a key part of the job
- General operating knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
You could also have:
- Knowledge and experience in using hotel software (we can train you)
- Experience of working in a setting with international clientele (we can train you).
Who are we?
Bader International Study Centre, located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the overseas campus of Queen’s University, Canada. Our wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, runs the gardens and grounds, corporate events and other functions, including weddings and themed visitor events.
The BISC is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity and supports fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary, pension contribution and holiday pay, we offer benefits, including:
- free on-site parking
- free campus gymnasium
- some free and discounted leisure opportunities at Herstmonceux Castle and the Observatory Science Centre
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- access to the BISC lending library: books, DVDs, CDs and more
- a working environment comprising a 15th century Castle with moat and beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
How to apply
Please see https://www.queensu.ca/bisc/about-us/employment to obtain full details of the vacancy and application form.
Download a full Job Description (PDF, 314KB)