Employer: Bader International Study Centre - UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Contract type: fixed term (Mid-August 2019 to end of June 2020)
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Closing date: 31 May 2019
Early applicants may be invited for interview before the closing date. The BISC reserves the right to make the appointment before the formal closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
The Experiential Learning and Workplace Skills Coordinator (ELWSC) will work with the Experiential Learning team assisting faculty with Experiential Learning planning to ensure workplace skill development for all year groups of undergraduate students.
- To research both on-campus and off-site opportunities for students to develop skills both for specific career paths and transferrable to employment more generally.
- To create and supervise itineraries for Experiential Learning Opportunities under the guidance of the Assistant Experiential Learning Manager.
- To produce in timely fashion bookings and administrative documentation related to the Experiential Learning/Workplace Skills program.
- To supervise the development of and oversight for the Risk Management Plan for the term, and in the application of risk management for each Experiential Learning event.
- To lead and accompany students on field study trips and tours within the UK and the continent; it should be noted this will necessarily involve non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- To work with students to develop their reflective capacity on their developing skillsets.
- To maintain appropriate financial records for those Experiential Learning Opportunities on which they take the lead.
- To participate in the regular evaluation and assessment of the Termly Plan for Experiential Learning.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong administration skills
- Enjoyment of working with students
- Enjoyment of travelling
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Right to work in the UK
- Successful completion of an enhanced DBS check (or for non-UK nationals, a local police vulnerable sector check)
- Ability to communicate in French and/or other European language
- Study abroad or independent travel experience abroad
Who we are
Bader International Study Centre, located at historic Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex, is the overseas campus of Queen’s University, Canada. The campus occupies a 600-acre estate, including a range of academic, residential and recreational facilities. Our dedicated faculty and staff provide exceptional academic programming for undergraduate and postgraduate students from Canada and around the world. We also serve as a venue for international conferences and meetings. Our wholly owned trading subsidiary, Herstmonceux Castle Enterprises Limited, is responsible for running the gardens and grounds, corporate events and other functions.
The BISC is committed to employment equity, inclusion and diversity and supports fair treatment and opportunity for all.
What we can offer you
In addition to salary and holiday pay, we offer a number of other benefits, including:
- auto-enrol pension scheme with guaranteed contribution from the BISC/HCE
- opportunities for relevant training and development
- on-site parking
- subsidised meals scheme
- free campus gymnasium
- access to the BISC lending library: books, DVDs, CDs and more
- a wide range of free and discounted leisure opportunities either at, or connected to, Herstmonceux Castle
- a working environment comprising an historic building with beautiful gardens and grounds
- friendly, supportive colleagues in the close-knit Castle community.
The BISC is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply