Program Co-ordinator, International Innovation Term Program
Employer: Bader International Study Centre - UK campus of Queen’s University (Canada)
Campus: Herstmonceux Castle, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1RN
Contract type: Fixed term – 1 July to 31 December 2018
Closing date: Friday 30 March 2018 17:00 BST
Reporting to the BISC Academic Director, the Program Co-ordinator will be a teaching faculty member at BISC, responsible for overseeing the development and execution of the BISC International Innovation Term (BISC-i2TRM) Program. This includes, in consultation with the Executive Director, Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre, developing and executing the BISC-i2TRM Program and events. The Program Co-ordinator is responsible for providing professional guidance to BISC-i2TRM Program participants, liaising with course instructors and the experiential learning office at BISC, supervising the operation of the innovation connector facilities on the BISC campus, and conducting student evaluations. The Program Co-ordinator builds strong professional relationships, representing BISC to external partners, including alumni and industrial supporters of the BISC-i2TRM program, government support agencies, the Dunin-Deshpande Queen's Innovation Centre at the Queen’s main campus.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement the BISC-i2TRM Program.
- Identify trends, opportunities and/or potential issues with the program; recommend solutions.
- Oversee student academic progress within the program and co-ordinate academic evaluation of students.
- Interact and communicate with key stakeholders, internal and external.
- Work with the Development Office and Alumni Relations to identify and recruit speakers and program mentors.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of promotional plans and collaborate with partners in University Admissions and Recruitment to promote the BISC-i2TRM Program.
- University degree with significant job-related experience working in a program management position, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, teaching and interpersonal relations skills.
- Facility with information and learning technologies, web tools and social media.
- Experience with innovation/entrepreneurship initiatives at the post-secondary level.
- Previous experience leading and managing projects.
- Strong initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Energy, curiosity, breadth of interests.
- Ability to function effectively independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- A clear DBS (or Police) check.
Who we are
Located in historic Herstmonceux Castle, the BISC prides itself on offering rigorous, innovative education to students from Canada and around the world. Academic programs, which are all accredited by Queen’s University (Canada), include undergraduate Humanities, Science, Commerce, and Social Sciences, as well as specialized short programs in areas including Law, Health Studies, Law & Politics, Archaeology, and Medieval Theatre Performance.
The BISC is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer.
More information at
How to apply