ASCX 101/3.0 Learning and Working in a Digital World
The future is uncertain. Information is expanding at an exponential rate. Jobs that were formerly done by humans are being taken over by artificial intelligence and automation. This course will ask what it means to be a human learner and worker in a rapidly changing digital world. Topics include effective time-management, writing in the humanities and sciences, working as a team, and developing intercultural competency.
To complete this course, successful students will demonstrate their ability to:
- Evaluate the fair and accurate presentation of qualitative and quantitative information and argumentation
- Understand how knowledge is created and what ethical obligations we have to the preservation and dissemination of knowledge
- Work in effective teams, exemplifying collaboration and cooperation
- Be aware of intercultural difference and apply principles of equity and inclusion
- Implement a productive and healthy writing practice
- Establish frameworks getting things done in ways that support curiosity, motivation, and focus.