The Con-Ed program at the BISC is the only program of its kind where, as a Canadian student, you can spend your entire first year learning about an international educational system in situ. Every week you will spend time in school, learning about teaching in the UK context. In the first term you will focus on primary education for 4-11 year olds, and in the second term you will work alongside secondary school pupils. Fulfilling your practicums alongside your regular classes, you will experience all the benefits of our unique interdisciplinary program. These include close contact with your professors, covering a wide range of expertise; academic pursuits outside of the classroom environment with Experiential Learning Opportunities a key feature of the BISC academic experience and part of every course that we offer; and a chance to shape your academic path as you wish as you select from the wide range of courses on offer.
- Gain international experience to set yourself apart from your peers.
- Take part in observations at local state primary and secondary schools.
- Talk with the Heads of these schools to get a deeper understanding of educational strategy and career paths.
- Opportunity to run after-school clubs with primary school pupils.
- Visit Battle Abbey School to experience a renowned British private school.
Dedicated Con-Ed Careers Night
- Start your career strategy early.
- Hear from a distinguished “Super Head” guest speaker.
- Meet Canadian teachers now working in the UK.
- Presentations from UK recruiting agencies.
- Gain invaluable insights from experienced mentors.