The Archaeology Field School at the Bader International Study Centre is an amazing opportunity for Archaeology students, or any student of level 2 standing or above, to experience hands-on archaeology! Spend six weeks at Herstmonceux Castle in the UK and take CLST 408/6.0 Archaeology Fieldwork Practicum, plus one other 3.0 credit course towards your Major from our summer offering.
Currently, we plan for an on-campus experience for the 2021 Summer term. Should this not be possible, this programming will be offered online with modified programming, but whether on campus or online, the Castle’s Archaeology cluster offers you the opportunity to engage with the history of the Herstmonceux Castle estate. Train and work on a dig, and analyze and process your finds, all under the guidance of professional Archaeologists.
Experience Archaeology First Hand
Continue to learn beyond the traditional classroom environment as you take a midterm trip to London, where you will examine sites such as the Temple of Mithras, the British Museum and visit the site of an ongoing commercial dig.
- Immersive: Where better to study archaeological techniques than within the grounds of a medieval castle?
- Accelerated: Gain 9.0 course credits in just six weeks
- Experiential: Get your hands dirty! History will literally be at your fingertips as you unearth and process your own finds
- Fun: Students will form friendships quickly. Work, live and explore medieval history together
- Personal: Get the BISC advantages of small class sizes and personalized learning both online and on campus