The Archaeology Field School at the Bader International Study Centre is an amazing opportunity for Archaeology students, or any student of level 2 standing or above, to experience hands-on archaeology! Spend four weeks at Herstmonceux Castle in the UK and participate in an archaeology dig in CLST 408/6.0's archaeology fieldwork practicum.
Experience Archaeology First Hand
Continue to learn beyond the traditional classroom environment as you take a midterm trip to London, where you will examine sites such as the Temple of Mithras, the British Museum and visit the site of an ongoing commercial dig.
- Immersive: Where better to study archaeological techniques than within the grounds of a medieval castle?
- Accelerated: Gain 6.0 units in just four weeks
- Experiential: Get your hands dirty! History will literally be at your fingertips as you unearth and process your own finds
- Fun: Students will form friendships quickly. Work, live and explore medieval history together
- Personal: Get the BISC advantages of small class sizes and personalized learning both online and on campus