Queen's University

Website Welcome5

Information for...

Search the BISC

Search and Sign In

Choose your program

  • Fall: General Program
  • Fall: i2TRM International Innovation
  • Winter: General Program
  • Winter: Law and Politics Program
  • Summer: Castle Summer+
  • Summer: Interdisciplinary Studies in Global Health and Disability
  • Summer: British Archeology
  • Summer: Global Project Management
  • Summer: Medieval Theatre

Check your eligibility at your university

Your should check your eligibility to study abroad and obtain a Letter of Permission at your home institution. This is usually coordinated by the office that handles study abroad, or the Registrar's Office.

You should also ensure you meet the English language requirements for admission.

English language requirements

Apply online through Queen's University Admission Online Application

Fill in the application form

Online Application

Indicate what program you are applying for

In addition to the online application you must fill in the Course Selection Form to let us know what program/courses you wish to take at the BISC.

Course Selection Form

Tips for the application process (PDF)
Online application guide (PDF)

What is a Letter of Permission?


A Letter of Permission (LOP) is an official document issued by your home institution. The LOP allows you to take courses for credit at the BISC for a specified semester/program, transferring the credits back to your home institution for the purpose of completing your university degree.

Your academic advisor or the person issuing the LOP will typically look at the course content and your current transcript to assess whether you will be academically prepared for the course/program. Pre-requisite courses listed on the BISC website are therefore not necessarily mandatory for non-Queen's students, but may be used as part of the assessment process by your home institution when granting an LOP.

We will also make admission decisions based on current transcripts, but please note that without an LOP you may not be able to transfer credits back to your home institution.

Bader International Study Centre
Herstmonceux Castle
Hailsham, East Sussex
United Kingdom, BN27 1RN
Phone: +44 1323 834444
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment
Gordon Hall, 74 Union Street
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Canada, K7L 3N6
Phone: (613) 533-2218
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow the BISC on Social Media