The BISC is a residential campus with 100% of students in residence. There is just the one residence on campus – Bader Hall – and while you will not be living in the Castle, you will be just a 5-minute walk away. Bader Hall has 4 student wings, and 3 floors on each wing. By default rooms are shared, but single rooms are available upon request.
Bader Hall is very similar to university residences in North America, offering co-ed halls, with twin-share, single-gender rooms. There are around 95 twin bedrooms in Bader Hall. Each student is provided with:
- Bed (usually a British twin, meaning sheets from Canada will not fit)
- Notice board
- Bedside table
- Bedding (sheets, duvet, pillow and covers - laundered weekly)
- Towels (laundered weekly)
Please note that room size may vary
Find out more about living in Bader Hall
The following services are accessible 24 hours a day:
- Washrooms: communal washrooms on each wing. There are a number of all-gender washrooms and toilets throughout the building
- Kitchenettes: snack kitchens with microwave and fridge/freezer, kettle and sink are located on some floors.
- Wireless Internet: available in all bedrooms and communal areas. Ethernet connections are also available in bedrooms.
- Vending Machines: located on the main level by the front desk
- Laundry: card-operated washing and drying machines located on the main level. You can even check machines online to see if they are available!
- Screen room: a large room with projector and comfy chairs for watching your favourite TV shows and movies
- Common room: a large room with mixed-mode seating, with an adjoining kitchenette
- Study areas: there are study spaces located throughout the building
- Clubs and Student Government space: a dedicated space for Clubs and Student Government for meetings and activities
- Music practice room: located on the lower level, containing a baby grand piano, chairs and music stands
- Gym: Bader Hall residence is located next to the gym, allowing for easy access
- Mail pickup: All students are allocated a 'pigeon hole' where mail is placed.
One of the study and lounge spaces in the residence
A twin-bed room
Single rooms and ensuite rooms available on request
One of several study and lounge spaces in the residence
Reception provides a number of services
A comfy common room is open 24 hours a day
Bader Hall Reception
Reception is staffed 24 hours a day
Music Practice Room
There is one room in the residence and one in the castle
Bader Hall Exterior
Looking towards reception
Student Life Coordinators
Professional staff live in residence to support students