The sign-up lists indicating the number of spare seats available will be posted on the Experiential Learning notice board each week, by early afternoon on a Wednesday. In each case, there is a ranked MAIN LIST for students and a ranked WAITING LIST for non-students. If the main list becomes full, students may also sign up on the waiting list with non-students. Anyone, student or non-student, who has not been successful in obtaining a place may present themselves at departure time and take any "no-show" seat that may have come available on a first-come first-served basis. If there are more students than seats available, the final decision will be made by the trip leader who will refer to the sign-up sheets. NB: There will be no sign up for ELOs taking place up to and during the weekend immediately after the add/drop date. Please show up on the morning and see the activity leader during this period: first come first served.
This may or may not be possible, depending on the activity. You’ll need to:
- Ask permission from the member of faculty involved in the activity and notify the Experiential Learning office once you receive permission from the instructor.
- Have a place on the transport being used for that activity (see the transportation policy for details on the procedure for signing up for spare places).
- Pay for any entrance fees, tickets or charges involved. As well, the place being visited must have the availability to accept an addition to the group size.
- In all cases the student must contact the Experiential Learning office to check if it will be possible for him/her to come on the trip.
If the course-specific ELO you would like to attend is a ticketed event then the following procedure will apply:
- The Experiential learning office will send out an email and place a notice on the field studies noticeboard by early afternoon on the Wednesday prior to the event, if there are any spare tickets.
- All tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis at Experiential Learning Office (Rooms 224-226). Under no circumstances will a refund be issued once payment has been taken for tickets.
If you miss the return transport back to the Castle, plase check your itinerary ans it will include details on how to get back from that specific destination. Please ask at castle reception for taxi numbers.
If you have a course-specific ELO, but will not be travelling to the location from the BISC, but require a seat on the coach back to the castle, please let the Experiential Leaning office know, preferably by email, before the day of the trip. If you do not let the EL office know it will be assumed that if you are not present to board the coach in the morning that you are absent/ill. Your seat may then be allocated to someone else who has turned up at the coach before departure. It is important to inform the EL office of this as early in the week as possible, as the staff members leading the activity will need to be aware of this. Different staff will be leading ELOs on Fridays and Saturdays. If you are making your own way to any ELO you will need to let your instructor know, and make sure you arrive in good time. Transport in London can be unpredictable and an ELO may not start at the exact time stated on the itinerary.
You should firstly check with Castle Reception and Bader Reception that the items haven't been handed in, as this is where anything found on the coaches at the end of a trip will be left. If you're not successful you should then contact the Experiential Learning office so they can phone the coach company for you to ask if it has been found and if it has they will return it the next time they come to the Castle. The coach companies accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to luggage or items on the coaches.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Experiential Learning office in Rooms 224-226, ext 4455/4521 if you have any questions or comments. You can also look at the staff page and email the appropriate staff member.