Experiential Learning Opportunities (ELOs) take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during term time. Attendance is a mandatory part of your courses.
The EL calendar will be posted on the BISC website (you will need to log in to access this information) and on the EL notice board to the right of the dining hall door. Please check the EL calendar regularly as it will be updated periodically.
Itineraries for specific off site activities will be posted on the BISC website a couple of days before the activity takes place and on the EL notice board. You will be handed a paper copy of the itinerary on the day, with links to maps of relevant locations. Cellphone numbers of staff members accompanying the activity will be listed at the bottom for you to call if you have a problem or question.
- On EL days, you will have a chance to make a packed lunch in the dining hall before departure.
- Punctuality is a must on EL days. If you are late, we will have to leave without you in order to stay on schedule.
- If you suffer from travel sickness, please get to the coach early to get a seat near the front where the motion is easier.
- The transportation or consumption of alcohol on any BISC-owned or hired vehicle is strictly prohibited.
- Do read our emergency protocol carefully, and carry at all times the paper copy you’ll be given.