The Bader Hall reception desk team can help you with:
- Booking on site doctor appointments
- Letting you use the free phone at reception to call a taxi
- Providing a cleaning kit for human fluid waste
- Selling you post stamps
- Topping up your phone plans
- Booking a spot on the mini bus
- Mail delivery
- Guest bookings
- Parcel and registered mail pick-ups
- Emergency access to rooms and replacement keys
- Laundry soap sales
- Filing maintenance reports
- Paging security & Student Services on call person
You are accountable for what takes place in your room and you will be held accountable for any damages or loss occurring in your room. Treat your room and building with respect, and report any maintenance issues as soon as possible.
The Castle and Bader Hall have several bulletin boards that are accessible to residences and the public. If you would like to advertise your event with posters you must submit an application to Student Services.
If you need to report a problem to our Maintenance Team please log the details via staff at Bader Hall Reception who will log the issue and pass it on to Maintenance for you.
Students should assess their rooms on arrival and log any problems they find at that time via staff at Bader Hall Reception. If no request is submitted by or on the last day of Orientation, it will be assumed that the room was in acceptable condition and fully equipped with furniture and furnishings.
Please note that submitting a maintenance request constitutes permission to enter your room to make any repairs, without further notification. Most routine work orders will be addressed within 2 – 3 business days.
Contact the front desk if:
- You are locked out of your room or building
- You need a light bulb right away
- A clean-up involving human waste is required (e.g. vomit in your common room)
- You notice a flood happening