Queen's University

Website Welcome5

Information for...

Search the BISC

Search and Sign In

Rooming Requests and Changes

Single Room Requests

Single standard rooms in the accommodation area are available at an additional supplement per term for all students. Subject to availability, a single room will cost an additional CAD$600 for each of the Fall and Winter terms, and CAD$400 for programs in the Summer. All charges will be posted to your SOLUS account. Invoices or statements are not normally issued. Please check your SOLUS account and ensure fees are paid in full. In the Fall and Winter semesters students with documented needs submitted by the application deadline shall be allocated rooms first, and then Upper Years students, and then First Year students. Any rooms available after the application deadline shall be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

BISC Residence Agreement (PDF, 290KB)

Special Accomodations (Medical Need)

If you require a special accomodation in residence as a result of a documented medical need, please fill out the form below. Subject to availability and the limitations of Bader Hall, all efforts will be made to accomodate medical needs.

Special Consideration Form (PDF, 684KB)

Sharing Requests

You may opt to share a room with a friend as long as both parties request each other as roommates via the online Residence Form. Bader Hall is a mixed-gender residence, but units within the residence are single gender. Students should also note that to enhance their international experience, they may be paired with a roommate from another university or country. If you share a room you will be required to fill in a roommate agreement.

Roommate Conflict Mediation

All students with roommate witll fill out a roommate contract, which you can find at the bottom of the Roommate Booklet. Student Services staff will firstly encourage students to have a conversation before a change of rooms will be considered. Student Services staff members can assist students in framing the conversation in a productive way.

Room Change Requests

You may not switch roommates in the first week of classes. To request a room change, you will need to complete a Room Change Request Form available from Student Services, outlining why you feel a room change is necessary and detailing what efforts you have made to address and resolve issues. This will include demonstrating you have completed and attempted to use the Roommate Contract which you will be asked to complete in the first week of classes

Bader International Study Centre
Herstmonceux Castle
Hailsham, East Sussex
United Kingdom, BN27 1RN
Phone: +44 1323 834444
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Undergraduate Admission and Recruitment
Gordon Hall, 74 Union Street
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Canada, K7L 3N6
Phone: (613) 533-2218
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow the BISC on Social Media