If any of the following items have been lost or stolen it should be reported to the police immediately:
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)
- Police Registration Certificate
Keep a copy of the police report as this will be needed to support your application for a replacement document.
- Notify the local police and keep a copy of the police report.
- Contact your Embassy in the UK to find out how to replace your passport.
- You cannot apply to replace your visa until you have a new passport.
Your visa is usually the sticker in your passport and may be titled "Entry clearance visa".
Notify the local police and keep a copy of the police report.
From within the UK: You can transfer your visa to your new passport by applying for a Transfer of Conditions (TOC): https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa. Transfer of Conditions costs £223.00.
From outside of the UK: You will need to make a new T4 General Student visa application. You can’t apply online if you’re applying from Cuba, North Korea and Zimbabwe. Complete the visa transfer form and return it to the visa centre where you applied.
Biometric Residence Permit
- Notify the police and keep a copy of the police report.
- Notify UKVI as soon as possible via their online service.
- Apply for a replacement BRP as soon as possible from the time of notifying UKVI. You’ll need to read the guidance on applying for a replacement BRP and apply using form BRP(RC).
From within the UK: A replacement BRP costs £56 if you apply from inside the UK.
From outside of the UK: You can’t apply for a new BRP until you’re back in the UK. Instead, you must apply for a ‘single entry visa to replace BRP’ which you can use once to re-enter the UK. A single entry visa to replace BRP costs £189. You must apply online for a replacement BRP visa in most countries.
Once you are back in the UK, you will then need to apply for a replacement BRP as soon as possible.
Police Registration Certificate
Contact the BISC Administration office to arrange an appointment with Sussex Police.