Refusal of Entry Clearance
This process can only be used if you have submitted all the correct information at the time of application and you are absolutely sure that it is an incorrect decision by the Entry Clearance Officer. You cannot submit new information at the point of applying for an Administrative Review. If you unsure how to proceed please contact the Administration Manager at the BISC.
Unfortunately sometimes vignettes are returned with incorrect dates. We have ascertained that the majority of these errors come from UK Visas and Immigration. To correct the dates of your vignette follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/.
- On the first page, select 'Outside the UK' and click 'next'.
- You will have the opportunity either to call the UKVI or send an email. It is expensive to call and you may find an email will get better results. The email will cost £5.48, and you will need to have your credit/debit card to hand for payment.
- Fill in the boxes for sending an email enquiry, stating in the first question box that 'The dates on my Tier 4 vignette are wrong. I stated on my application that I travel to the UK on the (date), but my vignette has an expiry/start date of the (date)'.
- Lower down the page there is a drop-down list to select a type of question. Select 'I have received my application decision and have a question'.
- Make sure you provide all the information they ask for so they can trace your application easily (the GWF number is the unique number you were sent when you first submitted your visa application).