Refusal of Entry Clearance
Unfortunately sometimes vignettes are returned with incorrect dates. We have ascertained that the majority of these errors come from UK Visas and Immigration. To correct the dates of your vignette follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/.
- On the first page, select 'Outside the UK' and click 'next'.
- You will have the opportunity either to call the UKVI or send an email. It is expensive to call and you may find an email will get better results. The email will cost £5.48, and you will need to have your credit/debit card to hand for payment.
- Fill in the boxes for sending an email enquiry, stating in the first question box that 'The dates on my Tier 4 vignette are wrong. I stated on my application that I travel to the UK on the (date), but my vignette has an expiry/start date of the (date)'.
- Lower down the page there is a drop-down list to select a type of question. Select 'I have received my application decision and have a question'.
- Make sure you provide all the information they ask for so they can trace your application easily (the GWF number is the unique number you were sent when you first submitted your visa application).
Refusals and Errors
Very few visa applications that are made by legitimate students coming to the BISC are refused, but it does happen on occasion. However, if you follow the guidance provided in the document and the Tier 4 Policy Guidance about required documents, level and term of funds, and format of all documents your application should be accepted and your visa granted.
The most common reasons for refusals are:
- Applicant has submitted the wrong Secure English Language Test certificate (usually because they have taken the test at an unapproved location and/or they have not specified the test is required for UK Visas and Immigration).
- Applicants not including all the required documents (the most common omission is the passport).
- Documents not being in the correct format.