Summer Orientation to Academics and Resources (SOAR) is a one-day summer orientation program for incoming first year students and their families, run by the Student Experience Office. The program offers structured information sessions, as well as opportunities to connect with upper-year students, faculty, and staff. SOAR aims to help prepare students for new academic expectations, address questions or concerns about life at the BISC, and introduce resources and support services at the BISC, as well as on main campus.
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved at the BISC
- Get answers to all of your questions from current students, faculty, and staff!
All first-year BISC students are strongly encouraged to attend one of the full day sessions. BISC SOAR sessions will be held at the Biosciences Complex on the Queen's University campus from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. Additional information about BISC SOAR can be found on the Student Experience Office website.
Can't make it?
If you are unable to attend BISC SOAR, consider attending the online webinars offered throughout July and August. A full webinar schedule will be available through the Student Experience Office in June. You can also check out the Resources page, which will provide you with information from campus partners who were present at SOAR on adjusting to university life and new academic challenges, and links to information on course selection and the registration process.
- Additional webinars are available for registration through Queen's Undergraduate Admission