Bounce Back is an academic support program for first-year undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who acquire a GPA of less than 1.6 in their first term.
Students who opt-in to the program will be matched with a trained mentor. Facilitators will work individually with each mentee to help them identify the source(s) of their academic hardship and to set new goals and identify strategies to achieve those goals over the course of the winter term. The program runs from January - March.
What does Bounce Back do?
The Bounce Back Facilitator will help students:
- reflect on their first semester
- explore stressors and coping skills
- assess study skills
- set goals and develop strategies to achieve them
- develop learning strategies and an individual learning plan
- access on-campus resources and support services
Bounce Back does not provide:
- counselling services
- subject-specific tutoring
Find out more about Bounce Back.