Queen’s University and United Steelworkers (USW) Local 2010, Unit 01, representing Academic Assistants ratified their tentative agreement last week.
The new three-year agreement will expire on Aug. 31, 2023.
- Three-year agreement: September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2023
- An increase of 1 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2020.
- An increase of 1 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2021.
- An increase of 1 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2022.
- Employees who regularly work shifts scheduled by the Employer are eligible for up to two days of paid sick leave per Academic Term.
Negotiations between Queen’s and USW Local 2010, Unit 01, began on April 12, 2021. Bargaining took place over six full-day sessions. Two of the full-day bargaining sessions were conducted with the assistance of a provincially appointed conciliator.
The university values the contributions of its many employees and remains committed to the collective bargaining process.