The Government of Ontario has declared a state of emergency and enacted a province-wide stay-at-home order as the number of COVID-19 cases continue to rise, placing our health system under critical strain. New variants of the virus are spreading much more quickly and causing severe symptoms among young people. At this moment, it is vital that everyone obey public health guidelines so the spread of the virus can be limited.
The university is appealing to all Queen’s students, and all other members of the campus community, to respect the provincial measures and commit to keeping our community safe.
It is essential that the following guidelines are respected:
Stay at Home
- Do not leave your home, unless for the following necessities:
- Groceries or pharmacy items
- Health care services (including medical or vaccine appointments)
- Outdoor exercise or walking pets in your community
- Work that cannot be done remotely
- Childcare or school
- No gatherings indoors with anyone you do not live with.
- Outdoor gatherings must be limited to a maximum of five people; physical distancing and mask-wearing must be maintained.
- You should not travel outside your region or the province unless absolutely necessary.
These encompass only some of the guidelines now in place. Visit the Government of Ontario’s website for the full list of provincial rules and guidelines.
We must do everything we can to stop the spread of COVID-19.