The Government of Ontario recently announced a three-step roadmap to safely reopen the province, including reopening outdoor recreational amenities prior to the end of the Stay-at-Home Order.
Effective Tuesday, May 25, Queen's University will re-open the following outdoor facilities for individual fitness use:
- Nixon Field
- Tindall Field
- Tindall Field Running Track
- Summerhill Tennis Courts
All provincial emergency measures and City of Kingston bylaws must be followed at all times.
Conditions for facility use:
- Compliance with all provincial and public health requirements
- Individual activities only (e.g. singles tennis) – no team activities, no games, no classes
- Physical distancing – minimum of 3 metres apart - required at all times
- Any group is limited to 5 people
- Individuals must remain at least 3 metres apart from each other
- Face coverings must be worn at all times
- Bring hand sanitizer/water; wash hands before/after use of the facility
- No dogs permitted
- Use of facilities is at one's own risk
- Directions of Queen's Campus Security and University staff must be followed
All other Athletics & Recreation facilities, including the Athletics and Recreation Centre, ALL fields and buildings at the West Campus remain closed.
Campus Security and Emergency Services will monitor facilities and enforce these conditions. Failure to comply with all posted conditions of use will result in the closure of the facilities.
For more information, visit gogaelsgo.com/covidupdate