Educational Developer, Global Learning, Curriculum, and Pedagogy
Doctoral Student (Faculty of Education, Queen’s University)
Yunyi works at the Centre for Teaching and Learning as an Educational Developer-Program and Curriculum Globalization. Her portfolio is built around Queen’s visions, values, and strategic framework for successful and equitable global engagement. Her mandate is to support the teaching community in reflecting broader global and intercultural perspectives in the development and delivery of programs and curricula.
In her position, Yunyi creates resources, facilitates workshops, and provides consultations at both individual and departmental levels to address the needs in:
- Identifying best practices in program and curriculum globalization through a holistic approach
- Incorporating culturally responsive pedagogy (CRP) to enrich learning experience and enhance success of students from diverse cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Developing intercultural teaching competence in terms of positionality, communication, facilitation, and curriculum design
- Initiating critical conversations regarding decolonizing higher education in the context of cultural diversity
- Overcoming challenges in writing across borders derived from cultural diversity in academic writing (thought patterns, rhetoric preference, and writing structure), critical thinking, and citation practices (academic integrity departure)
- Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
Before joining Queen’s, Yunyi worked at the University of Manitoba for over seven years promoting internationalization in higher education. She has a master’s degree in Education from the University of Manitoba and a certificate in Intercultural Studies from the University of British Columbia. Inspired by her lived experience as a former international student, Yunyi delved into the challenges faced by students from diverse backgrounds, whereby she embarked on the journey to advocate educational equity in higher education. She is passionate about fostering a welcoming and inclusive learning environment for all students at Queen’s.