Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the following prerequisites:
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status (due to study visa restrictions)
- 4-year bachelor’s honour degree in any discipline
- Minimum upper second-class standing (B+/Canadian GPA 3.3) in each of the last two years of study
- Demonstrated evidence of strong academic potential
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time employment experience in a human resources and/or labour relations
- It is recommended that applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from a post-secondary institution outside of Canada submit GRE (General) or GMAT scores with their application.
Applicants with significant, relevant employment experience, with a bachelor's degree of less than four years or less than a B+ standing will be considered on a case by case basis, after their full application has been submitted.
What documents do I need?
- Completed application form to the School of Graduate Studies (see the Apply Now button)
- Academic transcripts
- Two academic references (where appropriate) or employment supervisory references
- Statement of interest
- For applicants whose native languages do not include English, satisfactory standing in an English Language Proficiency Test is required. For more information, please read the section on language requirements under international students.
How many applicants are accepted each year?
The Queen’s PMIR is a prestigious and highly competitive graduate program geared towards working professionals. Only the most suitable applicants are chosen; there are typically only 15-20 students accepted every year, over the two intake periods.
What is the application deadline?
Admissions are accepted on a rolling basis until the program has reached capacity. While there is no hard deadline, students are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible in order to ensure that all documentation is in place and they can be properly registered for the start of term. The suggested deadline for the fall/winter semester is June 1st, and for the summer semester it is March 1st
Can I defer acceptance?
No. Acceptance cannot be deferred. Students accepted into the PMIR program begin their three years of study in either May or September. If you are unable to begin study in the year you were accepted, your application must be resubmitted.