Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the following prerequisites:
- 4-year bachelor’s honour degree in any discipline
- Minimum upper second-class standing (B+/GPA 3.3) over the last two years of study
- Demonstrated evidence of strong academic potential
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time employment experience in a related field
Applicants who do not meet the normal minimum academic qualification, but have significant employment experience in HR/LR, may still be eligible by providing evidence of equivalency and strong academic potential. This may involve:
- Completion of at least two courses at the senior undergraduate, college or graduate level, with a minimum B+ standing in each course
- Completion of the Graduate Record Admission Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), with a minimum score of 75% in the verbal and analytical categories
What documents do I need?
- Completed application form to the School of Graduate Studies
- Academic transcripts uploaded, then hard copies mailed directly to School of Graduate Studies
- Two academic references (if possible) or employment supervisory references
- Statement of interest
- For applicants whose native languages do not include English, satisfactory standing in an English Language Proficiency Test is required. For more information, please read the section on language requirements under international students.
How many applicants are accepted each year?
The Queen’s PMIR is a prestigious and highly competitive graduate program geared towards working professionals. Only the most suitable applicants are chosen; there are typically only 15-20 students accepted every year, over the two intake periods.
What is the application deadline?
Admissions are accepted on a rolling basis until the program has reached capacity. While there is no hard deadline, students are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible in order to ensure that all documentation is in place and they can be properly registered for the start of term. The suggested deadline for the fall/winter semester is July 1st, and for the summer semester it is March 15th.
Can I defer acceptance?
No. Acceptance cannot be deferred. Students accepted into the PMIR program begin their three years of study in either May or September. If you are unable to begin study in the year you were accepted, your application must be resubmitted.