This census is about you. Only you can count yourself in! Completing the Census as soon as you can demonstrates your personal commitment to equity and fairness at Queen's. It is about you helping us to ensure that accurate information on the composition of the workforce is collected at Queen's. As a new employee to the University, you will receive your ICOUNT Queen's Equity Census within your first few weeks.
Filling in the information is voluntary but the Federal Contractors Program requires the form be returned. However, if you complete the self-identification questionnaire attached, as fully and accurately as possible, you will ensure that we have accurate information on our workforce.
How Does Your Participation Help Meet Our Commitment to Employment Equity?
The participation of every employee is important in helping to:
- Achieve an accurate profile of who we are and how representative we are of the Canadian workforce
- Identify areas where changes in policies, practices, and systems are likely to be most effective in achieving fairness in equity and employment
- Pinpoint where we need to eliminate barriers that limit or exclude designated groups (Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized/visible minorities and women) from opportunities that should be open to all employees
What do I Need to do to Participate?
The netid and password required MUST be your @queensu.ca netid and password. If you have a student netid and password or any other netid and password (for example: @dfm.queensu.ca, @cs.queensu.ca etc…) they will not work.
Code of Confidentiality
- Confidentiality begins when you use your Queen's netid and password to respond directly to the Census.
- Only authorized persons in Equity Services will have access to the census information.
- The Census information will only be used to develop and monitor our Employment Equity programs at Queen's and to comply with the Federal Government Employment Equity legislation.
- All reports based on the Census information will be in summary form only, so that no individual can be identified.
- Census information provided by any individual can be changed at any time.
For a paper copy of the Census Please click the link below:
PDF not opening in your web browser? Find troubleshooting advice.