Accommodation for Self-Isolation

Short term accommodation while you isolate

Before you travel, review the Government of Canada's rules for Self Isolation.

Hotels, Motels and B&Bs:

Kingston's hotels are open for guests and doing their best to keep guests and staff safe. Some services and facilities may be closed, for example, swimming pools and restaurants.

Hotels and motels, as well as historic inns and B&Bs can be accessed through Tourism Kingston. The site shows hotels and B&Bs in separate lists, and provides a map to show where places are located. Please be sure to indicate to the hotel staff or host in advance that you are in need of a place to stay while self-isolating. Some places may not be able to host you while you are self-isolating.

Vacation rentals:

For families, a vacation rental may be a good choice during your self-isolation period. You should inform potential hosts that you will be renting their property to self-isolate. Ask if there is a separate entrance to the accommodation, and if there are any vulnerable individuals (65+ or immuno-compromised) on the premises. You may be asked by the border officer that you have ensured that you will not be in contact with such individuals.

Ask if the landlord can provide basic cleaning supplies so you can clean upon arrival.

Vacation rentals can be found here:

Information on longer term rentals, please refer to the Faculty Recruitment website.