Medical Required?

Do you require a medical examination?

You must undergo a medical examination before receiving a work visa if one or both of these statements apply to you:

  • you will be working in health related fields at Queen's where you interact with patients
  • you will be working in other areas of Queen's but are from a country that is on Canada's list of countries whose residents require a medical. For details, read the CIC requirements carefully.

Your own doctor cannot do the medical examination. You must see a physician on Canada’s list of Designated Medical Practitioners also called "Panel Physicians". You can obtain the medical upfront and submit it along with your application, check the section on "Medical Exam Instructions" on the CIC website.